The anniversary exhibition highlights how its large and unique collections found their way to the library through requires legal deposit copies, donations and other means, and how the library's locations have changed over the past 400 years from damp facilities near Uppsala Cathedral to today's physical and digital environments.
400th anniversary 2020-2021
Gustav II Adolf founded Uppsala University Library through two resolutions (1620 and 1621). In these resolutions, the king announced his decision to donate a larger book collection to the University and to allocate an annual sum to the activities of a library. We therefore celebrate the library's 400th anniversary both in 2020 and 2021.
An introduction to the jubilee:
Jenny Lind and Uppsala - on the occasion of Jenny Lind's 200 year anniversary
A digital display of a temporary exhibition at Carolina Rediviva.
A guided tour of the Book Hall
- Undervisning i tider av epidemi 2020-09-23
- Drottning Lovisa Ulrika 300 år 2020-09-08
- Leufstabiblioteket i ny glans 2020-06-26
- Förvärv av medeltida fragment 2020-05-26
- Jenny Lind och Uppsala – en tillfällig utställning 2020-05-08
- Uppsala universitetsbibliotek 400 år 2020-04-24
- Silverbibeln – ett världsminne på Uppsala universitetsbibliotek 2020-04-17
- Karin Boyes efterlämnade papper 2020-04-15
- Handskriftsfragment i bokband 2020-04-10
- Ellen Fries doktorsavhandling i historia 1883 2020-04-07
Anna Lamberg, the first female employee at the library
In the fall of 1899, Anna Lamberg was appointed library assistant at Uppsala University Library. She became the library's first female employees.