Loans in brief
- Anyone over 18 years old, can get a library card.
- You are responsible for all loans registered on you library card.
- You must inform the Library when you change your postal and e-mail addresses.
- Replacement cost for a lost card is 50 SEK.
- Home Loan, guaranteed loan period 30 days.
- Set course books (Course collections) are available either as reference copies, 7 day loans or 1 day loans.
- In-house loans may be used only inside the Library.
- You may return your loans at any subject library, regardless of where you borrowed it.
Renew your loans
- Uppsala University Library has automatic renewal of borrowed material. This means that your loans are automatically renewed if no one else has requested it
- You can renew your loans at My loans.
- You may not renew books that have been reserved by someone else.
- You may not renew loans if they have reached the maximum loan period. The maximum loan period is three years for researchers/employees and one year for students and others. For course books and 7 day loans, the maximum loan period is six months for everyone.
- You may request items that are out on loan in the library system and choose any pick-up location. In the library catalogue you can see if there are additional requests for the item in the queue.
- You can see your place in the reservation queue if you log in to My loans.
- To borrow an available book in an open stack, you need to go to the library where the book is located and pick the book up yourself.
- When you request a book from a closed stack, you need to choose the library where the book is located as the pick-up location. Expect that it takes 1-2 working days before the book is available for pick-up.
- Researchers and employees at the university and the hospital may request an available book for pick-up at any other subject library. It takes at least one working day before the book is available for pick-up.
- You are responsible for returning your loans on time. You can see when to return your loans and if there are recalls by logging in into My loans.
- As a service, the Library sends reminders and other messages (preferably via email). Unfortunately, we have no control over whether the messages actually reach you (due to spam filters, security updates, address changes, the postal service and so on). We would like to emphasise that you are always required to return/renew on time regardless of whether you received a notice from us or not.
- If you do not return the borrowed items on time, you will be charged a handling fee of SEK 250 per book. Payment may be made via the Library’s plusgiro account: 18 35 32-1. Please include your name and the barcode or title of the book when making your payment. You can also pay directly at our libraries. All our subject libraries accept payments by card or Swish, Carolina Rediviva and Almedalsbiblioteket also accept cash. Contact Ask the Library for more information.
- You are required to reimburse the cost of materials you have lost. The cost is at least 600 SEK (standard cost), but if the purchase price is higher than 600 SEK, you will pay the actual cost for that material, plus the processing fee of 250 SEK.
- The processing fee of SEK 250 will always be paid, even if you have found and returned the material.
- Payment may be made via the Library’s plusgiro account 18 35 32-1, enter your name and the barcode or title of the book. It is also possible to pay at our libraries, they offer different payment options. Please contact Ask the Library for more information.
For more information, see the Rules for using Uppsala University Library.