Uppsala University has an agreement with Springer Nature that allows researchers at Uppsala University to publish with open access in Nature and journals in Nature Research Journals. Only articles accepted by publisher after January 1, 2022 are covered by the agreement.
What is included in the agreement?
- Open access publishing without an article processing charge in Nature and journals in Nature Research Journals.
- The agreement covers article type Original paper. (Standard article, usually presenting new results; articles published under this article type may also be referred to as: Analysis, Article, Letter, Brief Communication, Registered Report, Resource, Technical Report.)
For other Springer Nature journals, see Springer Nature Fully OA / Springer Compact
What is NOT included in the agreement?
- Open access publishing in Nature Protocols and journals in Nature Reviews Journals are not included in the agreement.
- Article type Review articles is not included in the agreement.
Who can use the agreement?
- Researchers who are affiliated with Uppsala University. The author must be the corresponding author to use the agreement.
What publishing licenses does the agreement cover?
How to use the agreement
- Use your email address ending in "uu.se". It simplifies the identification of UU authors and ensures that the article in question is financed by the agreement.
- "Corresponding author", main author, the person who submits the manuscript and maintains contact with the publisher concerning article publishing, must be affiliated with Uppsala University.
The affiliation of the corresponding author (the institute that you belong to) must be clearly stated in the article and in the publisher’s system.