In 2021 Uppsala University has a 3-year agreement with IOP that enables researchers at Uppsala University to publish with open access in almost all of IOP's journals. Only articles accepted by publisher after January 1, 2021 are covered by the agreement.
What is included in the agreement?
- Open access publishing in almost 60 hybrid journals and 13 fully open access journals.
- The agreement covers article types paper, special issue paper, review and letter.
What is NOT included in the agreement?
- Open access publishing in American Astronomical Society (they're only offering open access publishing for a publishing fee outside the agreement).
- Open access publishing in The Planetary Science Journal are not included.
- Additional costs for page charges, colour charges etc. are not covered by the agreement.
Who can use the agreement?
Researchers who were affiliated with Uppsala University when the work that resulted in the publication was carried out. The author must be the corresponding author to be able to use the agreement.
What publishing licenses does the agreement cover?
How to use the agreement
- use your email address ending in "uu.se". It simplifies the identification of UU authors and ensures that the article in question is financed by the agreement.
- "Corresponding author", main author, the person who submits the manuscript and maintains contact with the publisher concerning article publishing, must be affiliated with Uppsala University.
- indicate that you are an affiliate of Uppsala University.
More information can be found on the publisher's website.