Uppsala University has an agreement with Elsevier that allows Uppsala University researchers to publish with open access in Elsevier's journals without cost. Publication within the agreement applies to articles submitted between 1/1 2020 - 31/12 2022.
What is included in the agreement?
Our agreement with Elsevier covers the article processing charges in:
- Journals in the Science Direct Freedom Collection.
- Cell Press journals.
- Some of Elsevier's journals from learned societies.
- Fully Open Access journals
- The agreement only covers the article types Case Report, Data, Full length article, Microarticle, Original software publication, Practice Guidelines, Protocols, Review article, Replication Studies, Short communication, Short survey och Video Article.
What is NOT included in the agreement?
- Hybrid journals from The Lancet.
- Article processing charges for some of Elsevier's journals from learned societies
- Additional costs for page charges, colour charges etc. are not covered by the agreement.
Who can use the agreement?
Researchers and students who are or have been affiliated with Uppsala University when the article was written. The author must be the corresponding author to use the agreement.
What publishing licenses does the contract cover?
CC-BY 4.0 or CC BY-NC-ND 4.0
How to use the agreement
- Use your email address ending in "uu.se". It simplifies the identification of UU authors and ensures that the article in question is financed by the agreement.
- "Corresponding author", main author, the person who submits the manuscript and maintains contact with the publisher in connection with the editor, must be affiliated with Uppsala University.
- Indicate that you are an affiliate of Uppsala University.