American Institute of Physics (AIP)
During 2022 Uppsala University has an agreement with AIP that allows authors at Uppsala University to publish with open access without paying an article processing charge in hybrid journals. Only articles accepted for publication from January 1 2022 is covered by the agreement in eligible journals.
What is included in the agreement?
- Open access publishing in 26 hybrid journals.
What is NOT included in the agreement?
- Publishing in the Journal of the Physical Society of Japan is NOT included.
- Publishing in fully open access journals is not included.
- Additional costs for page charges, colour charges etc. are not covered by the agreement.
Who can use the agreement?
Researchers who were affiliated with Uppsala University when the work that resulted in the publication was carried out. The author must be the corresponding author to be able to use the agreement.
What publishing licenses does the agreement cover?
- CC BY or CC BY-NC open access license.
How to use the agreement
- use your email address ending in "uu.se". It simplifies the identification of UU authors and ensures that the article in question is financed by the agreement.
- "Corresponding author", main author, the person who submits the manuscript and maintains contact with the publisher concerning article publishing, must be affiliated with Uppsala University.
- The affiliation of the corresponding author (the institute that you belong to) must be clearly stated in the article and in the publisher’s system.
Further instructions are found at the publisher's website.