ACM - Association for Computing Machinery
From 2022, Uppsala University has a five-year agreement with the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) which makes it possible for researchers to publish peer-reviewed articles in all serial publications without paying an article processing charge.
What is included in the agreement?
- Open access publishing without an article processing charge in all peer-reviewed serial publications from ACM; around 150 journals and newsletters and a 1000 Conference Proceedings.
What is NOT included in the agreement?
- Publishing in e-books are not part of the agreement.
- Additional costs for page charges, colour charges etc. are not covered by the agreement.
Who can use the agreement?
- Researchers who were affiliated with Uppsala University when the work that resulted in the publication was carried out. The author must be the corresponding author to be able to use the agreement.
What publishing licenses does the agreement cover?
How to use the agreement
- Use your email address ending in "uu.se". It simplifies the identification of UU authors and ensures that the article in question is financed by the agreement.
- "Corresponding author", main author, the person who submits the manuscript and maintains contact with the publisher concerning article publishing, must be affiliated with Uppsala University.
- The affiliation of the corresponding author (the institute that you belong to) must be clearly stated in the article and in the publisher’s system.
For further information, please visit the publisher's website.