From 2022 Uppsala University has a three-year agreement that includes open access publication in Wiley's hybrid- and fully open access journals without paying an article processing charge.
For hybrid journals, only articles accepted for publication after January 1, 2022 are covered, while for fully open access journals, only manuscripts submitted after January 1, 2022 are covered.
What is included in the agreement?
- Open access publishing without an article processing charge in all hybrid journals (around 1 350 titles).
- Open access publishing without an article processing charge in all fully open access journals (more than 260 titles).
- Article types Original article, Primary research article and Review Article are covered.
What is NOT included in the agreement?
- Publishing in journals from Hindawi are not included. (In 2021 Wiley announced the acquisition of Hindawi.)
- Additional costs for page charges, colour charges etc. are not covered by the agreement.
Who can use the agreement?
- Researchers who were affiliated with Uppsala University when the work that resulted in the publication was carried out. The author must be the corresponding author to be able to use the agreement.
What publishing licenses does the agreement cover?
- CC-BY or any other open license chosen by the author.
How to use the agreement
- Use your email address ending in "uu.se". It simplifies the identification of UU authors and ensures that the article in question is financed by the agreement.
- "Corresponding author", main author, the person who submits the manuscript and maintains contact with the publisher concerning article publishing, must be affiliated with Uppsala University.
- The affiliation of the corresponding author (the institute that you belong to) must be clearly stated in the article and in the publisher’s system.
For further information, please visit the publisher's website.