Beginning in 2020, Uppsala University will have two new agreements with SAGE.
What is included in the agreement?
- Publishing at no cost with open access in 24 hybrid journals in the Royal Society of Medicine package.
- 20% discount on publishing in 4 fully open access journals in the Royal Society of Medicine package. The author is billed for the article publication.
- Publishing at no cost with open access in 913 hybrid journals in the SAGE Premier package.
- 20% publishing discount in 174 fully open access journals in the SAGE Premier package. The author is billed for the article publication.
- Publishing within the agreement applies to articles accepted after 1/1 2020.
What is NOT included in the agreement?
- Publishing at no cost in the following 12 hybrid journals: https://uk.sagepub.com/en-gb/eur/sage-choice-journal-and-pricing-exceptions
- Additional costs for page charges, colour charges etc. are not covered by the agreement.
Who can use the agreement?
Teachers, researchers and students who are or have been affiliated with Uppsala University when the article was written. The author must be the corresponding author to use the agreement. It is not permitted to change the corresponding author to an affiliated one after the article has gone through the peer review process.
What publishing licenses does the agreement cover?
If the author chooses to publish open access in a hybrid journal the license will automatically be CC BY. Articles in fully open access journals will be published as CC BY-NC. The author can contact the publisher directly and ask for a different license if they wish.
How to use the agreement
- use your email address ending in "uu.se". It simplifies the identification of UU authors and ensures that the article in question is financed by the agreement.
- "Corresponding author", main author, the person who submits the manuscript and maintains contact with the publisher concerning article publishing, must be affiliated with Uppsala University.
- indicate that you are an affiliate of Uppsala University.