In 2022 Uppsala University has a 1-year agreement with Royal Society that allows researchers at Uppsala University to publish with open access in eight hybrid journals and two fully open access journals from The Royal Society (Package S). Only articles submitted to the publisher after January 1, 2022 are covered by the agreement.
What is included in the agreement?
- Open access publishing without an article processing charge in following ten journals: Biology Letters, Interface Focus, Journal of the Royal Society Interface, Notes and Records of the Royal Society, Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A, Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B, Proceedings of the Royal Society A, Proceedings of the Royal Society B, Open Biology, Royal Society Open Science.
- The agreement covers all article types.
- Articles with submission date during the agreement period will be published without publication cost for the author.
What is NOT included in the agreement?
Additional costs for page charges, colour charges etc. are not covered by the agreement.
Who can use the agreement?
Researchers who were affiliated with Uppsala University when the work that resulted in the publication was carried out. The author must be the corresponding author to be able to use the agreement.
What publishing licenses does the agreement cover?
How to use the agreement
- use your email address ending in "uu.se". It simplifies the identification of UU authors and ensures that the article in question is financed by the agreement.
- "Corresponding author", main author, the person who submits the manuscript and maintains contact with the publisher concerning article publishing, must be affiliated with Uppsala University.
The affiliation of the corresponding author (the institute that you belong to) must be clearly stated in the article and in the publisher’s system.