Uppsala University has an agreement with PLOS that comprise of two different models: Community Action Publishing (CAP) and Flat Fee (FF ). Both of these allow researchers at Uppsala University to publish with open access in PLOS journals without cost. Only articles accepted for publication after January 1, 2021 are covered by the agreement.
What is included in the agreement?
- Open access publishing without an article processing charge in the following journals: PLOS Biology (CAP), PLOS Medicine (CAP), PLOS Computational Biology (FF), PLOS Pathogens (FF), PLOS Genetics (FF), PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases (FF), and PLOS ONE (FF). From april 2021 the agreement also covers the newly launched journals PLOS Climate, PLOS Water, PLOS, PLOS Sustainability and Transformation, PLOS Digital Health and PLOS Global Public Health.
- The CAP model additionally gives a 25% discount on the applicable APC in cases where the article lists an UU-affiliated contributing author but where the corresponding author’s institution is a not UU affiliated.
- Future PLOS journals will be fully covered by the Flat Fee agreement.
What is NOT included in the agreement?
Additional costs for page charges, colour charges etc. are not covered by the agreement.
Who can use the agreement?
Authors affiliated at Uppsala University.
What publishing licenses does the agreement cover?
How to use the agreement
- Use your email address ending in "uu.se". It simplifies the identification of UU authors and ensures that the article in question is financed by the agreement.
- "Corresponding author", main author, the person who submits the manuscript and maintains contact with the publisher in connection with the editor, must be affiliated with Uppsala University in order to be fully covered by the agreements.
- indicate that you are an affiliate of Uppsala University.
You can read more about this on the publisher's page.