Book cabinets at Carolina Rediviva
Book cabinets at Carolina Rediviva allow you to borrow and store in-house use loans and other library material for longer periods of time. We cannot guarantee that everyone who applies for a cabinet will receive one.
- You are to be conducting research or studies. We prioritise Uppsala University researchers or students writing theses.
- You are to have a library card from Uppsala University Library.
- Library resources may not be stored in the cabinet without first being checked out. You are not allowed to store material from the reference collections in the cabinet.
- The library reserves the right to open all cabinets and trolleys with a main access key as needed and without prior warning.
- The library is not responsible for personal items stored in the cabinet.
The key is checked out like a book with your library account. Students at Uppsala University check out cabinets per semester; spring semester is 21 January–15 August and autumn semester is 16 August–20 January. To renew your check out of the cabinet, contact the book cabinet manager prior to your loan period has expired at Ask the library with the subject line “Renewal of student cabinet”. You will receive a response within two weeks (during the semester). The key is to be returned no later than the day the check-out period concludes. Keys are returned at Carolina Library’s information desk.
Researchers and doctoral students check out cabinets for one year at a time with the option of extending the loan period twice. For additional extensions, contact the book cabinet manager at Ask the library with the subject line “Renewal of researcher cabinet”.
Uppsala University Library reserves the right to revise all or parts of the loan terms during the loan period without the need for prior notice.
A fee of SEK 250 is charged for lost keys. Use of the key and the cabinet is personal, and they may not be shared or given to another person.