A selection of digitised works and collections
A selection of digitised works and collections from Uppsala University Library, of which most are available through Alvin - our platform for digital collections and digitised cultural heritage. The purpose of the Alvin platform is to preserve and make digitised collections available, but the database is also a catalogue of materials not yet digitised. All digitised materials in Alvin are made free to download and use.
Request digitisation of materials from the Library's collections.
Students in Uppsala
Out into the world
Western Medieval Manuscripts
ongoing digitisation projects at Uppsala University Library:
- Early printed atlases About 100 atlases from the 15th to the 18th century.
- Maps of Sweden drawn by hand About 1800 maps from the 17th to the 19th centuries depicting Sweden or parts of Sweden, like counties, estates and cities.
- O. Sparwenfeld. A selection of volumes of oriental manuscripts donated by Johan Gabriel Sparwenfeld at the beginning of the 18th century.
- Photographic materials left by Hamberg and Svenonius.
- Western medieval manuscripts More than 900 manuscripts, mainly in Latin, and often decorated with beautiful illuminations.
Phone: 018-471 39 00
Phone and chat available weekdays 9–18.