We provide information resources for research, teaching and learning at the University. The physical and the digital libraries exist in parallel. We develop and make available our collections in new ways, among them through digital publication and digitisation. We want to be an international example in offering study and research environments, both physical and digital.
The University Library is divided in seven departments with different areas of work, and has around 200 employees with broad-ranging competencies within several professional categories.
Members of the Management Team
- Johanna Hansson, Deputy Library Director
- Nina Svensson, Head of division, Library Services Division
- Cecilia Bäckstrand, Head of division, Information Services Division
- Cecilia Natvig, Head of division, Media Division
- Maria Berggren, Head of division, Special Collections Division
- Daniel Wadskog, Head of division, Digitisation Division
- Aina Svensson, Head of division, Scholarly Communication Division
- Rikard Jennische, Head of division, Learning and Research Support Division
Since the end of the 17th century, under legislation on legal deposits, the Library has received one copy of everything printed in Sweden. For the material we purchase, there is an overarching acquisition policy.
- Read more about legal deposits
- The Library’s acquisition policy (revised in 2022)