Photographing with your own camera or smartphone
You may take photographs of a lot of our materials on your own. However, you are responsible for how your photos are used and that no copyright is violated. Read more about Terms of publication. The library offers high-quality digital images to use for study and publication.
What are you allowed to photograph?
When you photograph materials with your own camera or smartphone, special rules are applied. You may photograph the following materials:
- Literature from the reference libraries
- Materials in the Microfilms Reading Room
- Materials for home loan or reading room loan, or on our open shelves
- Materials requested to the Special reading room , without copyright restrictions or with permission from the copyright holder
- Other materials requested to the Special Reading Room after consultation with staff only.
Rules for photographing with your own camera or smartphone
- Handle the materials with care. Photographing is only permitted if the materials are not damaged.
- You are always personally responsible for how your photos are used and that no copyright is violated.
- Photographing is only permitted if not disturbing other visitors. Flash light is not allowed.
- Photographing with stands are only permitted in a specially designated place.
- Special rules may apply to materials in the Special Reading Room.
Terms of publication
If you wish to reproduce materials from the library´s collections, we recommend you use our professionally produced digital images. If the work is under copyright, you need written consent from the holder of the copyright. Uppsala University Library does not claim any copyrights.
The source information for all material published in print or electronically may be indicated as follows: The original belongs to Uppsala University Library, followed by shelfsign/shelfmark. The source information for pictures may be indicated: Photographer: Name of photographer, the original belongs to Uppsala University Library.
Phone: 018-471 39 00
Phone and chat available weekdays 9-18.